Humans have been smoking marijuana for nearly 5,000 years…Read more »
Here’s a list of basic Cannabidiol (CBD) “Did you know” facts :
- Is completely non-psychoactive. It is safe and non-toxic. You can never over-dose on CBD.
- Is the second most common cannabinoid in Cannabis sativa and indica plants and is the primary cannabinoid in hemp plants.
- Counters some of the negative effects of THC (i.e. paranoia, intoxication, quick heartbeat (tachycardia) short term memory loss, lethargy/sedation, etc.)
- By combining THC and CBD, it has been found to increase clinical efficacy while reducing adverse effects, even with only trace amounts of THC added. (CBD works synergistically with THC, bolstering its medical effects while moderating its psycho-activity)
Some medical benefits of Cannabidiol (CBD) include:
- CBD has been found to relieve convulsions and other movement disorders. It is also anti-spasmodic and antiepileptic.
- At high doses (more than a few hundred mg) CBD can be a sedative and also helps insomniacs stay asleep longer. In low doses, CBD has been found to be alerting.
- It is also effective in reducing inflammation (anti-inflammatory), anxiety (anxiolytic) and nausea (anti-emetic)
- Is a powerful pain reliever (analgesic) and is effective in both peripheral neuropathic pain and central pain.
- It has been shown to inhibit cancer cell growth (anti-carcinogenic).
- It is an immunomodulator and also helps the immune system function more efficiently.
- Is a neuroprotectant and a powerful antioxidant. It has applications in treatment for Alzheimer’s, Parkinsons, cerebral ischemia as well as brain and nerve damage from strokes.
- It is an anti-psychotic and recent research has indicated it is effective in treatment of schizophrenia.
- CBD could be effective in easing symptoms of a wide range of difficult-to-control conditions, including: rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, alcoholism, PTSD, epilepsy, MS, antibiotic-resistant infections and neurological disorders, to name a few.
- Has been found to be effective in treating gastrointestinal disorders like IBD and Crohn’s Disease.
If you’d like to further discuss the benefits of CBD as well as medical cannabis, please contact us below or by email at [email protected]