Cannabis Infused Holiday Treats
Follow along as our own John Malanca joins one of the finest cannabis chefs in an enjoyable evening of cooking for the holidays! John makes spicy nuts, and uses CBD infused honey and a mocktail. It’s all delish and will add a special something for that special event. CBD is the cannabinoid of choice in the recipes presented by Kitchen Toke’s, Joline Rivera!
John’s apron is red in honor of the holidays and this festive time of year! In a 2020 world unlike any other, it’s time to boost your endocannabinoid system, your immunity, and your mood! Munch on some yummy nuts, add special honey to your tea or favorite hot beverage and enjoy our mocktail. Follow along step by step as UPG + Kitchen Toke = a great holiday party…..or ANY party!
Get your ingredients ready!
Kitchen Toke Sweet and Spicy Nuts
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons Vulcan’s Fire Salt*
- 1½ cups raw almonds
- 1½ cups raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons Kitchen Toke Hemp Honey
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and add water.
- Whisk in Vulcan’s Fire Salt.
- Place nuts in a medium-sized bowl.
- Drizzle spiced butter on the nuts and toss.
- Spread the nuts on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with honey, tossed the nuts with a spatula and shaking the pan to evenly distribute.
- Roast for 5 minutes more.
- Cool completely before enjoying.
- Makes 3 cups. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
*Vulcan’s Fire Salt can be purchased online at spicehouse.com
For years, I have been buying high quality dried herbs and spices from this locally owned business. It’s all about supporting the community.
Honey Blood Orange Syrup
The deep ruby orange hue from the juice of this seasonal fruit is plenty enough to add excitement to any drink.
Combine it with the calming CBD attributes of Kitchen Toke Hemp Honey and it will become a must-have daily addition.
- 3 blood oranges, juiced
- 2 ounces Kitchen Toke Hemp Honey
- Zest of 1 blood orange Strain juice and heat gently until hot but refrain from boiling.
- Stir in honey until dissolved and add zest.
- Cool and refrigerate in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
USES: Try Honey Blood Orange Syrup to amp up the holidays. Think of any classic cocktail that contains an orange element or would benefit from one, such as a Long Island ice tea, Harvey Wallbanger, Tequila Sunrise and mimosa but also eggnog and martinis.
For those who don’t imbibe, brush the simple syrup over pound cake right after it comes out of the oven or stir some into creme anglais that accompany desserts.
Blood Orange Paper Doll
- 1½ ounces fresh blood orange juice
- strained 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- strained 1 ounce infused blood orange hemp honey simple syrup
- 1 dash Scrappy’s Lavender Bitters
- 2 ounces seltzer water Citrus wheel and lavender sprig
- Combine juices, simple syrup and bitters in cocktail shaker; shake lightly.
- Add seltzer to shaker just before pouring the mixture into bistro wine glass over ice.
- Garnish with citrus wheel and lavender.
You can find more about Joline Rivera’s company Kitchen Toke and her Hemp Infused CBD Honey here