In the latest episode of “Cooking with Cannabis”, we step into the kitchen with JeffThe420Chef to make his famous Canna-Apple Roses! As he describes it, “It tastes like a pie, but it looks like a rose.” This is the perfect Mother’s Day recipe for that extra special someone in your life.
Author of “The 420 Gourmet: The Art of Elevated Cannabis Cuisine” cookbook and host of the “Wake and Bake with JeffThe420Chef” podcast, Jeff is the only cannabis chef in the world who specializes in cooking and baking with specially crafted, strain-specific “Light Tasting” and “Tasteless” canna-butters and canna-oils. Each is created to achieve the health and wellness goals of those who choose to medicate with cannabis.
Use Jeff’s Cannabis Calculator to be sure each of your recipes is precisely dosed. That calculator is absolutely free to you here: https://www.jeffthe420chef.com/calculator
Looking for a light tasting cannabutter? Get Jeff’s recipe here: https://youtu.be/DsuUeF9xGZA PLUS learn how to clean your cannabis and hemp properly by following this link: https://www.jeffthe420chef.com/post/clean-your-cannabis-hemp
Canna-Apple Rose Recipe:
- Number of servings: 12 Apple Roses
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 27-30 minutes
- Approximate THC Per Serving*
Note: You will need to use a mandolin for this
- 1 Package of your favorite frozen Pastry Dough
- 3 large red apples
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 2 Tablespoons Cannabutter (or # drops of Aspen Green CBD Drops)
- Grass fed butter – to grease muffin tins
- 2 tablespoons raw cane sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons of apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- ¼ cup Maker’s Mark Bourbon
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Defrost 2 sheets of pastry dough and cut each into 6 equal strips (12 total)
- Using a roller, roll each into 2 ½” X 12” strips
- Core and slice apples in half lengthwise and then, using a
- mandolin, slice apples into thin half-moons. I use setting 2 or 3.
- Quickly place apples in a bowl with and toss with the lemon juice and rosewater.
- Microwave the apples for 2-3 minutes until the apples are tender but still slightly crisp.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Create your roses
- Preheat oven to 340ºF. Grease a large muffin tin with a thin layer of grass fed butter.
- Spread ½ teaspoon of the cannabutter along each strip
- Spread a thin layer of apricot preserves along each strip and place 6-8 apple slices, slightly overlapping, on top.
- Carefully fold the bottom of the strip over the bottom half of the apple slices
- Form your rose by rolling each strip from end to end. Place in the buttered muffin tins.
- Bake for 27-30 minutes until lightly golden.
- In a small bowl mix together bourbon and maple syrup.
- Brush tops with a little maple bourbon syrup. Dust with confectioners sugar and then serve.