Alzheimer’s disease (AD) is the most common form of dementia among older people. Dementia is a brain disorder that seriously affects a person’s ability to carry out daily activities. AD begins slowly. It first involves the parts of the brain that control thought, memory and language.
Recent years have brought a wealth of new scientific understanding regarding how medical marijuana cannabis can be beneficial for treating Alzheimers.
Alzheimers and Cannabis (Marijuana) Related Clinical Information
- In vivo Evidence for Therapeutic Properties of Cannabidiol (CBD) for Alzheimer’s Disease
- A Molecular Link Between the Active Component of Marijuana and Alzheimer’s Disease Pathology
- Article: Marijuana may help stave off Alzheimer’s
- Marijuana’s Active Ingredient Shown to Inhibit Primary Marker of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Cannabinol Delays Symptom Onset
- Cannabis Relieves Lou Gehrigs Symptoms
- ‘Medical’ Marijuana: 10 Health Benefits That Legitimize Legalization
- NORML – Alzheimer’s Disease
A related problem, mild cognitive impairment (MCI), causes more memory problems than normal for people of the same age. Many, but not all, people with MCI will develop AD.In AD, over time, symptoms get worse. People may not recognize family members or have trouble speaking, reading or writing. They may forget how to brush their teeth or comb their hair. Later on, they may become anxious or aggressive, or wander away from home. Eventually, they need total care. This can cause great stress for family members who must care for them.